Transition Year Policy
TRANSITION YEAR POLICY
RE: PROCESS OF SELECTION OF STUDENTS
- At Arklow CBS the Transition year course is optional for students.
- All parents / guardians of Form III are invited to an Information meeting in relation to the programme. Information is also given on Transition year to Form III students during school time.
- At a meeting in the school information is given to the parents / guardians of Students.
- Application forms are offered to the students of Form III and the application form should be completed and returned to the school.
- The BOM decides the number of classes and of students than can be offered the Transition year programme from year to year.
- From year to year all or some of the applicants may be interviewed for a position on the Transition Year Course.
- The Transition Year Co-ordinating team with the, Principal and or Deputy Principal meet to review the application forms.
- Staff consultation may take place to review the situation in relation to the applicant students.
- In selecting T.Y. students the Transition Year Co-ordinating Team and the School Authority may use such criteria as: age of applicant; date of receipt of application form; previous school record of applicant; interview of applicant and other such relevant criteria when putting together a list of students for the Transition Year Programme.
- If the number of applicants is less than the number of places available the Board of Management may decide that a Transition Year will not form for a particular year.
- The Board of Management may alter, amend or change these provisions / this policy from time to time.